Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jailbroken and Loving it

It's what all nerds should do (and wannabe nerds). If you have an iPhone and haven't jailbroken it you are not using it to its max potential. Why wouldn't you jailbreak? It's now easier than ever. After Googling and researching extensively, I found that the process is very simple and only takes a couple minutes. My biggest worry was if my Apple App Store apps were going to remain after I Jailbroke. I was also concerned if I would continue to be able to sync my music and App Store Apps with iTunes. Those thoughts were laid to rest when all of them showed up on my springboard after jailbreaking. 


So what exactly does jailbreaking allow you to do? In short, everything you want it to do. You know you have been looking over your Android buddy's shoulder wishing you could customize like they can. Now it's possible. Notifications are done right with the LockInfo app. You can configure your lock screen to your liking, displaying calendar events, notifications, emails, and weather. All of these things are possible now with jailbreaking. The act of jailbreaking is free, but some apps do cost money, and it's good to pay for these apps to support the developers. Jailbreaking also allows you to install third-party apps that Apple's App Store does not support. If you ever wanted to have five columns of apps, ever wanted to put a custom theme on your spring board, or ever wanted to simply swipe the top task bar to toggle Wi-Fi, 3G, or adjust your brightness, then jailbreaking is for you. Here's a link to The Always Up-to-Date Guide to Jailbreaking Your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on LifeHacker.com. I'll see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment